Landscape interns will be integral members of the team during our summer season and will learn how to safely use equipment, prepare conceptual designs, assist in the management of client relations, help with project estimating, and much more. They’ll work with experienced professionals who have been in the industry for decades.
Interns will gain hands-on experience by rotating through departments, including residential maintenance, commercial maintenance, design/build, and irrigation.
Our experienced crew leaders and designers will introduce interns to the complexities of proper landscape installation and maintenance. Interns will learn how to install and maintain annuals, a variety of woody plant materials, and turf. They also may have involvement with the installation of patios, water features, outdoor kitchens, and other living spaces. In essence, they learn how to bring conceptual designs to life.
Specifically, landscape interns learn how to:
- Create base maps in AutoCAD
- Complete site surveys
- Assist Landscape Architects with various duties, from conceptual designs to final plans
- Assist foremen and crews with maintenance operations
- Complete site surveys and assist with site inspections
Manage Annual Flower Production
- Coordinate and install annual flowers
- Document annual flower layout
Manage the Nursery and Yard
- Assist with plant material acquisition, job staging and care
Assist with Sales and Account Management
- Support account managers
- Assist with preparation of proposals
Hear what previous landscaping interns and Operations Associates had to say about their experiences: