We employ a variety of sustainable techniques, such as:
- Use of biodiesel for the JMA fleet that reduces carbon dioxide by an estimated 23,000 lbs. per year
- Travelling fewer than 5 minutes from site to site, which means that we put more work into our clients’ sites and less time burning fuel by sitting in traffic
- The use of liquid brine (consisting of beet juice and calcium chloride) versus rock salt for deicing services that reduces salt by 60% and also reduces carbon by minimizing salt transportation
- JMA’s substitution of organic mulch instead of shredded hardwood bark mulch that saves an estimated 80,000 lbs of carbon dioxide per year
- Offering our clients the most sustainable approach to their needs, including the use of organic fertilizer, drip irrigation, native plant offerings, plant placement, spot spray applications, rain barrels and cisterns
- In our office, we use as little paper as possible, only printing what is necessary and doing so on paper that uses recycled materials
- Coupled with our dedication to the smart recycling of our trash, we do our part to reuse, reduce, and recycle on and off the job site
For the past decade, JMA has been one of the most nationally recognized companies in National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP)’s environmental awards.
We are proud to do our part for the environment.