Landscape Careers with James Martin Associates
INTERESTED IN GROWING YOUR CAREER
AT AN AWARD WINNING COMPANY?
James Martin Associates (JMA) is proud to have provided award winning Chicago landscaping services for over 40 years. We offer residential landscape design, installation and maintenance as well as commercial maintenance and snow plowing. Our core philosophy is to assist our clients in achieving the landscape of their dreams.
With the help of our Guiding Principles, JMA has become an industry leading performer. We appreciate our mission to enrich lives, commit to professional development and grow exceptional talent. We value work-life balance, support our clients’ charitable interests and reward high performance.
At James Martin Associates, we get it. We know what works and what it takes to produce extraordinary results.
Check out our career opportunities below:
Casually Intense High Performance Environment
- Our Associates share a passion for high performance, high accomplishment, and exceptional work ethics in a true team environment.
- We know that great team work demands great communication. Our open-book management processes fosters an environment of proactively sharing important information. And it all starts when our Associates understand the importance of keeping their teammates “in the loop” by maintaining a “no surprises” work environment.
- Continuous learning and change are important elements of our company’s culture. Our most successful Associates are always finding ways to improve our systems, their work and themselves.
More than “just a job”…It’s A Shared Mission
- The goal of James Martin Associates recruiting and selection efforts is to find strong, smart individuals who will comfortably fit into our culture and strongly embrace our vision and mission.
- Our Associates create our annual plan and individually help to establish their rewards for accomplished goals. Our plans and progress are regularly tracked and shared. Associates celebrate our successes and diligently review our missteps to ensure future improvement.
- While we have high expectations for our Associates, we know that they have lives that face the challenge of unexpected family needs. We are proud of our commitment and support of our Associates, their families, their schools, and their charitable interests.
Shared Quality of Work Life
- Quality work experiences create relationships that go beyond our seasonally demanding work schedules. At James Martin Associates, while what we do is important, the manner in which we do it and with whom we do it are the critical, secret ingredients to fulfilling work.
- To this end, we find that a quality sense of humor and the ability to laugh goes a long way in creating a healthy, dynamic, and fun work environment.
Thriving in an Environment of Continuous Learning
Our focus on safety, training and certification has allowed James Martin Associates to be one of the most certified companies in the country. Every new Associate we hire is exposed to industry-leading safety practices, open-book management, and lean management systems and disciplines.
A Passion for the Landscape Industry
We look for individuals who have sought out numerous internships and serious work exposure within the industry, and we desire demonstrated leadership within previous school or work experience.
Desired Characteristics: Flexibility, Adaptability, Creativity, and Proactive Communication Abilities
Today’s business world requires constant flexibility. Opportunities present themselves unexpectedly, and industry-leading firms like James Martin Associates need to respond with creativity and adaptability. Success in our team environment in today’s demanding business requires proactive, complete, and candid communication skills.
- After receiving and reviewing your resume, we’ll call you to confirm that we are considering you for your desired position. Following this call, you’ll complete and submit an application and provide your professional references.
- For distant candidates, we’ll conduct a phone interview. Local candidates meet at our office for an interview to confirm qualifications, experience, and education.
- We’ll schedule a full-day interview, during which you’ll meet several of our Associates, complete example assignments, and review our benefits and policies. Out of this comprehensive interview, the goal is that both you and James Martin Associates will have complete confidence that you’d make a good fit here.
- If the full-day interview is a success, we will make a formal employment offer, with details confirmed by a written offer and acceptance letter.
40+ Year History of Success
Our time-tested track record ensures financial stability as a result of revenue diversification, and our work environment promotes industry-leading staff tenure.
A Shared Rewards Company Culture
James Martin Associates offers annual industry-leading 401K distributions, annual profit-sharing tied to individual and company performance, and, for long-term Associates, the opportunity to earn company stock.
Mastery of the Business Side of Managing a Diversified Landscape Company
Industry-leading financial management and reporting is a hallmark of James Martin Associates. Our continuous improvement through our lean-management practices has allowed us to be increasingly competitive and profitable.
- We believe that a clearly defined compensation plan is fundamental to a properly run busins
- JMA illustrates compensation adjustment ranges based on individual performance and company-wide profitability
- Performance plans are developed annually and reviewed throughout the year
- Our open-book management approach creates a “no surprises” environment that has helped our team of Associates achieve an industry-leading average tenure
- Company-wide defined compensation plans are based on performance and profitability ranges
- Open book sharing of monthly financial results
- Individual one- to five- year performance and continuing development plans
- Quarterly review and evaluation of progress of individual goals
- 401k Discretionary Profit Distribution
James Martin Associates Benefit Plan is an important part of everything that we offer our Associates. From health insurance to paid time off to 401k and continuing education, we are proud to offer our industry-leading benefits package.
- Comprehensive HMO and PPO Medical Insurance Plan
- Dental Insurance Plan
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits IRS Section 125 Program
- Paid Time Off Program
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Continuing Education
Available Careers and Internships with James Martin Associates
Click on any of the job listings below to learn more information